Monday, August 29, 2011

Goodnight Irene!

Okay, that was bad.  But it had to be said. :-)

It passed through here in North Carolina - very weak as those storms go here.  But I now have hundreds of black walnuts on the ground.  They were blown off their limbs before their time.  I think I am going to have some very upset squirls here.  Hopefully the chestnuts and pecans will come out in force for them.

The extensive news coverage of this storm is interesting to many here.  I guess the size and path of the storm draws us close together?  Or maybe her NY destination made for importance?  I don't know - but I hope it isn't the case that something major is happening in the world 'they' don't want us to know about. ;-)

I hope all readers affected by the storm have their areas recover quickly, knowing it was still a big storm and caused much random flooding and power outages.

There will be new posts and photos this week on book-signings and reviews.  Please stay tuned!

Goodnight...all.

No comments:

Post a Comment