Thursday, September 1, 2011

There's No Place Like Home!

Happy September!  Just a note about a book-signing event that is coming up soon.  This is in my hometown.  Well, my hometown is in Oklahoma - but it is the place where I live (and really enjoy living).  This event reminded me of an article I wrote for Orion Magazine some time ago.  I remember it was a great exercise because it was limited to 300 words.  I think I actually did exactly 300 words.  Not sure what that means...but does not sound normal as I write here about it.   ;-)

Please take a moment and click on the below links to the COFFEE HOUND BOOKSHOP to check out the location - this is a really cool old town.  Also the link to the ORION MAGAZINE article that gives a bit of the feel of where I live.

SEPTEMBER 10, 2001 12:00- 3:00

Coffee Hound Bookshop 


103 W. Nash St.
Louisburg, NC 27549
(919) 496-6030


ORION MAGAZINE ESSAY

Thanks.  I hope to see some of you folks out there.  Oh, and it is also the day our town celebrates the TAR RIVER FESTIVAL!  I will add more on that next week as I find out about other events to come out for that day - and of course, swing by the store for a signed copy of Land Run.  As a favorite radio host of mine says (Steve Brown), "it won't be the same without you!"

Have a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment